THERMOMIX® IACP Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside of the United States. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
1. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway begins on 2/24/2018 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time and ends on 2/25/2018 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Giveaway Period”). Entries must be received by 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time on 2/25/2018 to qualify for the Giveaway. Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the Giveaway Period. Entries that are submitted before and after the Giveaway Period will be disqualified. Sponsor’s computer/device is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old (19+ in Alabama and Nebraska; 21+ in Mississippi) as of the date of entry (“Entrant” or “Entrants”). Vorwerk, LLC (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants (current and non-current), contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers and each of their employees, officers, and directors (collectively the “Giveaway Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winner(s).
3. SPONSOR: The “IACP Giveaway” is sponsored by Vorwerk, LLC located at 3255 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd, Unit B, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362.
4. HOW TO ENTER: During the Giveaway Period, complete a registration form at Sponsor’s IACP booth. Upon completion and submission of the registration form, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the Giveaway. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the Entrant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s plays and/or entries, and that Entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Giveaway at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER(S): On or about 2/25/2018 Sponsor will select the name of potential prize winner(s) in a random drawing from among all entries received. Eligible entries are entries received in completion during the Giveaway Period.
6. WINNER(S) NOTIFICATION; VERIFICATION: The potential winner(s) will either be present or be notified by email or phone on or about 2/25/2018. Except where legally prohibited, each potential winner(s) must sign (or have their parent/legal guardian sign if potential winner is a minor in their respective place of residency) and return, within five (5) days (including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) of attempted notification/delivery, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner(s) does not respond to Sponsor’s email and/or phone call within forty-eight (48) hours of Sponsor leaving and/or attempting to leave a message, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release or other required document within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential winner(s) is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which any remaining prize(s) will remain un-awarded. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 2-3 weeks after the conclusion of the Giveaway.
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE GIVEAWAY. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
7. PRIZE(S): The following prize(s) will be awarded:
Two Grand Prize winners will be awarded (1) Thermomix® ® Unit with Cook-key® (Product ID: 6123557213). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $1,448.00.
8. PRIZE(S) RESTRICTIONS: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses not expressly specified herein are the sole responsibility of the respective prize winner. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person and per household or family. A prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize(s) or components of a prize. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prize(s) stated in these Official Rules are available to be awarded in the Giveaway. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, prize winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entry constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, telephone transmission problems, or garbled transmissions or miscommunications; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GIVEAWAY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Giveaway, and/or the legitimate operation of the Giveaway; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Giveaway, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway, as determined by Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Giveaway cannot be run as planned, Sponsor may disqualify any suspect entries and (a) suspend the Giveaway and modify the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prize in accordance with the winner selection criteria from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS GIVEAWAY, ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE SPONSOR AND INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF CULINARY PROFESSIONALS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGAINST, ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS GIVEAWAY OR IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS GIVEAWAY, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GIVEAWAY OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS GIVEAWAY, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. PUBLICITY RELEASE; INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE PARTICIPANT’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
12. DISPUTES: This Giveaway is governed by the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for California or the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway not to exceed fifty US Dollars (US$50.00), but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the Entrant of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
14. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each Entrant understands and acknowledges that the Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Submission and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Submission. Finally, each Entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Giveaway, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Submission or any material based on or allegedly based on the Submission, and the Entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
15. WINNER(S): For the name of the winner(s), available after 1/25/2018 send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by 3/31/2018 to: Thermomix IACP Giveaway, 3255 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd, Unit B, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362.
Copyright ©2017 Vorwerk, LLC. [Vorwerk®, Thermomix®, Cook-Key®, and Cookidoo® are registered trademarks of Vorwerk, LLC]. All rights reserved.